A brief history
Sandhurst Silver was started in 1908 by the Coombs family of Albion Road and has been an integral part of the local community ever since. The band has been competing regularly since the 1920s, with highlights such as qualifying for the National Finals 5 years running between 2001 and 2005, being promoted to the Championship Section this year and winning the Butlins Mineworkers Festival First Section in 2014.
The current band room was built by band members in 1958 in Brookside where the band still practices today.
We aim to maintain, improve and advance the education of the public through the promotion and practice of brass band music. This we do by providing facilities for existing players to rehearse and perform for the public and by entering competitions which stimulate players to improve their musical standards.
Current Band Members
David Johnson (Professional)
Russell Young (Resident)
Euphoniums and Baritones